What is the tourist residence permit in Turkey?
Tourist residence permit (Kısa Dönem) is a document that can be made for foreigners who meet a specific conditions and wish to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days.
Who can get a tourist residence permit in Turkey?
Algerian, Saudi, Iraqi, Emirati, Egyptian, Jordanian, Kuwaiti, Qatari, Lebanese, Libyan and most other nationalities can get a tourist residence permit if the required papers are available. Knowing that who enters Turkey via a business visa require additional procedures not mentioned in this article.
What are the required papers and documents for issuing a tourist residence permit?
- A valid passport with a stamp of entry to Turkey.
- A copy of the passport translated by a sworn translator and certified by the notary with a copy of the stamp of entry into Turkey.
- A (No Criminal Record Certificate) certified by your country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and your country’s consulate in Turkey, it also must be translated and certified by the Governorship (Kaymakamlığı) in the Turkish city of residence.
- A (No Criminal Record Certificate) from the Turkish Courthouse.
- Four personal photos.
- A medical examination report from a Turkish governmental hospital.
- A title deed of ownership (Tapu) of a residential property or a house rent contract with a copy of the title deed certified by the Notary.
- The title deed number (Numarataj) with the title deed activation (Aktif Kaydı – Tapu devam belgesi).
- The Tax Number.
- Residence permit taxes payment receipt.
- The residence permit appointment paper, the appointment must be booked after entering Turkey.
- Health insurance valid for at least one year for those aged 18 and above.
- In the case of children under the age of 18, both parents must be present or one parent should be present with a delegation of guardianship registered at the notary in Turkey or at the Turkish Embassy in the country of residence.
- Certificates of birth of children under the age of 18 translated and certified by your country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, your country’s consulate in Turkey, the Governorship (Kaymakamlığı) and the notary in the Turkish city of residence. or you can provide the birth certificate issued by consulates and embassies in Turkey. A family statement or family book could also be accepted after being translated and certified by the aforementioned authorities.
- A certified marriage contract from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country, from your country’s consulate in Turkey, in addition to its translation and ratification by the Governorship in case the citizenship of the couple is different.
- A Turkish bank statement or a money exchange receipt in Turkey for $ 6,000 is recommended to support a the residence application.
How to book an appointment to apply for a tourist residence permit?
- Go to the official website of the Ministry of Immigration in Turkey by clicking here.
- Select the preferred language from the menu at the top of the screen.
- Fill in the required fields and click Save.
- A link with a verification code will then be sent to the email or phone you entered.
- Go to the link and enter the verification code.
- You will then be directed to a page to choose the type of residence application.
- Choose short-term residence.
- Click forward after finishing each section of the application.
- After completing the application, you will be directed to a screen to select the appointment date.
- After selecting the appointment, print the appointment sheet that will include the date and location of the interview.